There are a few things we would do differently next time:
1. The recipe makes three meals for four people, so we scaled it back. We used about a cup of gouda and 22 shrimp. We could have used some more shrimp and cheese.
2. I am kind of a wimp when it comes to spicy food. So, working with chipotles in adobo can be difficult. It is pretty spicy and if you put too much in, it will be ruined. Again, since we weren't making as much as the recipe called for, we put about a teaspoon in. However, next time around we will add more. There was a smokey flavor, but not as much heat.
3. Also, the recipes says to spread the chipotles and sauce on the tortilla. We actually mixed it in with the shrimp and cooked it that way.
Cheesy Shrimp Tortillas
Makes 3 meals for 4 people
2 tablespoons butter
Two 2-pound bags frozen raw shrimp (31-40 per pound), thawed and tails removed
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
Salt & Pepper
1 lemon, halved
3 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
Twelve 10-inch flour tortillas
1 pound gouda cheese, shredded.
1. In a large, deep skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Increase the heat to high and cook, stirring often, until the shrimp are just opaque, about 4 minutes. Squeeze the lemon halves over the shrimp.
2. In a small bowl, mash the chipotles with the adobo sauce. Spread the paste in a thin layer on each tortilla.
3. Place one tortilla in a large nonstick skillet. Sprinkle tortilla with cheese. Follow with a layer of shrimp. Sprinkle more cheese and place one tortilla on top.
4. Cook over medium-high heat until golden, about 2 minutes on each side. Cut into wedges and serve!