11.18.2008

TWD Comeback

Things have been quiet in the Vanilla Bean kitchen lately. Believe it or not, it is pretty time consuming searching for new and exciting recipes. Not to mention the grocery shopping, the actual time spent in the kitchen, setting up the camera equipment, and writing the witty commentary. Frankly, it is exhausting. To top it off, the largest event I plan was held this past Saturday. Finally I have my life back. First order of business, Tuesdays with Dorie.

I am not excited about the November line-up. If I can't get my husband or co-workers to eat it, I don't want to make it. Instead of missing another week, however, I decided to make a past recipe. I chose the Chocolate Whopper Malted Drops as chosen in September by Rachel of Confessions of a Tangerine Tart. You can find the recipe on her site.

Probably the most important thing is that Dorie neglected to put an oven temp in the recipe. After looking at all of her other cookie recipes, I chose 350 degrees (most were made at that temp) and they turned out fine. Delicious, in fact. The cookies have chopped malted milk balls, chocolate chunks, and cocoa powder. They went perfect with a glass of milk. And, tonight I am warming them up and putting them on some ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment