10.17.2011

Apple Galette

"J'aime la galette, savez-vous comment ? Quand elle est bien faite, avec du beurre dedans."
("I like galette, do you know how? When it is made well, with butter inside.")

Sadly, alot of the fall baking recipes I've been making in the VB kitchen have not made it to the blog. But, I had to draw the line with this galette. How can you not blog about something that has it's own children's song? {see intro}



I totally winged it on this recipe. Which is to say, there really is no recipe. How can you mess up apples, cinnamon, sugar, butter and pie crust? It's pretty hard. I used a premade crust...so prep time was approx. zero minutes.

I peeled and sliced 4 Gala apples. Tossed them in some cinnamon, sugar and flour. Just eyeball it. I promise it will be delicious.



Put some dabs of butter on there for good measure. Fold up the sides of the pastry dough. Brush it with egg whites and sprinkle on more sugar.



Bake at 450 degrees until golden brown. Try not to eat all in one sitting.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my, that looks so yummy - pair it with a hot beverage and it's breakfast !

    ReplyDelete
  2. mm mm MMMM! Nope u really cant mess up apples pastry sugar and spice! Yep i can totally see this being breaky or served as a lovely desert with a big ole scoop of homemade icecream YUMO!

    ReplyDelete