4.02.2012

Sun Porch Revamp Part 1

Spring came early this year in St. Louis. As I type this, it's in the upper 80's. Crazy! Last weekend, to get us excited to spend some time outside, we gave our sun porch a much-needed facelift. It's my favorite place to sit on weekend mornings with a cup of coffee and my Nook. And, it's the perfect spot to unwind from the day, with a glass of wine and Mr. VB.

I'm trying to find some before pics...but, here it is so far:

I just recovered cushions and pillows we already had. The blue and orange fabrics below cost $25. (The couch is from Target circa 2009).


The Missoni stripe fabric on the pillows below cost just $4! We spray painted some old white wicker furniture from my father-in-law. It turned out great and matches the couch perfectly.

We've had the bronze-colored stool for ages. I was going to sew a new cover...but, once we set it out there, we thought it looked pretty good.

{BTW...Mr. VB hates the Coca-Cola crate here. He is just humoring me for the photo.}


 The floors are also newly painted (previously stained and worn from the dogs). We are contemplating doing a stencil around the border. What do you think?

And, the curtains are painter's drop cloths! About $10 each at Home Depot for a 9x6 cloth. We used pipes and hooks for the rods and I sewed a tab in the top of each cloth to thread the pipe through. Bright orange sashes add a pop of color.


Just a few more additions (we want to make the white table top larger so we can eat out here), but we're already loving the new space.

5 comments:

  1. Outdoor spaces are perfect for relaxing. Great job on sprucing yours up. I like the bold orange color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it :) loving the splash of bright colours here n there! I love spaces where u can go and just unwind n relax like this! I just got a free wrought iron table n chairs n i have it out in the yard where the sunset and sunrise is captured perfectly! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great--love the curtains & love the orange pop--

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blue and orange together! The fabrics are great! Where do you get your fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ladies!

    Sara, I got these fabrics from JoAnn Fabric. Have you been to the Fabric Nosherie in Webster Groves? They have some really cute stuff...hope to be making some stuff from there very soon!

    ReplyDelete