5.31.2013

Flashback Friday: Building a Raised Garden & a Mini Getaway

I've been doing more packing and waiting around for utility inspections than I care to share here. So, I thought I would do a flashback today. Thanks to Pinterest, our DIY raised garden is the most popular post we've done. You can check out how we built ours (for under $200) here.

DIY Raised Garden


We did manage to sneak away last weekend to Chicago for a few days. We took Amtrak (about a 5 hour ride) from STL to Chicago's Union Station. It was our first time on the train and we loved it. We were both able to kick back, drink some wine, and enjoy the view. (It beats only me one of us getting to do that if we drive).

Cruising along
 
Springfield, Ill

As all good mini-vacas should, our Chicago to-do list mostly consisted of food we had to eat. As you can see, we take this very seriously...

Gino's East
Fist sized t-rav at Gino's East
 
The second best sandwich of his life.

We also did a TON of walking.Which, unfortunately, didn't counteract all of the pastrami, Italian beef sandwiches, deep dish pizza, toasted raviolis, crab balls and french macaroons that I consumed. And beer. I just kept telling myself that the next couple weeks of packing, moving a crap-ton of heavy boxes and lifting furniture will just melt those Chicago carbs away!




The bean.


Chicago from Navy Pier


No comments:

Post a Comment