1.14.2009

Cilantro-Garlic Shrimp



Just like everyone else out there, the cooks here at Vanilla Bean are trying to trim a few inches from their waistlines. Honestly, I don't care where the inches come from, I just want them gone. When I stick to it, I've found that Weight Watchers works for me and helps keep me on track. One of the most difficult things is finding something that is healthy, good AND that Jeff will eat. This recipe in WW's latest magazine/cookbook Five Ingredient 15 Minute Recipes immediately jumped out at me. It was light and fresh. Jeff loved it. And, what is even better, it was so simple and fast to make. We made it in under 15 minutes!

Cilantro-Garlic Shrimp
Weight Watchers Five Ingredient 15 Minute Recipe Magazine
7 points

1 tbls. olive oil
1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup coarsley chopped fresh cilantro

1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and garlic, saute 5 minutes or until shrimp are done.

2. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat, add cilantro and serve atop 3/4 cup angel hair pasta.

1 comment: