Hello friends! I know the blogosphere has been abuzz lately and people are saying many things about me, including:
A) "Jessi at Vanilla Bean is up to her ears in Burger of the Week recipes. I just saw her the other day and she had a hamburger in each hand...it looks like she has gained at least eight pounds."
B) "Jessi at Vanilla Bean is certainly enjoying the lazy days of summer. I just saw her the other day and she had hamburger in each hand...it looks like she has gained at least eight pounds."
Either way, I have gained at least eight pounds. And I am pretty sure it is because of these mini-cheesecakes. This recipe is awesome for many reasons. It is perfect in those situations when you realize that an entire cheesecake is just too much for two people. Or, when you are entertaining people who are obsessed with tiny foods. What is even better, it is simple. And, whether you are up to your ears in hamburgers or simply enjoying the lazy days of summer, simple is better.
- 2 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- vanilla wafers or Oreo cookies
- 18 cupcake liners
- pie filling (I like cherry or blueberry), fresh fruit or mini chocolate chips
- Cream cream cheese and sugar together. Add eggs and lemon juice. Beat until smooth.
- Line :cupcake pan with liners. Place vanilla wafer flat side down in each liner. If using Oreos, use the chocolate wafers after scraping frosting off.
- Fill 3/4 full with cream cheese mixture. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- If using chocolate chips, sprinkle in after 6 min. of cooking and cook for remainder of time.
- Allow cheesecakes to cool and store in the fridge. Paper liners can be left on or removed.
- To serve: top with pie filling or fresh fruit.