7.19.2013

5 on Friday

One of my favorite blogs, Running from the Law, recently started posting 5 on Friday: five things that are on your mind, things you've been busy with, stuff you are loving -- right at this moment. This is the perfect series for me, since I've always got about 15 projects going at one time! So, here's my first 5 on Friday:



{1}

I've been wanting to try my hand at Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint for awhile. I finally picked up a bag of Tricycle (red) to use on our dresser (I'm trying to bring some color into our new house). But first, I practiced on a stool. After watching the tutorial video 3 4 times, I finally got enough courage to try it. It didn't turn out how I imagined (no wonderful chippiness that typically comes with milk paint). My measurements were a little off...so, I'll be back at it again this weekend.


{2}

Mr. VB has been working practically around the clock. Second shift (5:30 p.m.-4 a.m.), seven days a week. Which means I see him a total of about 6 hours a week. It totally sucks. Last week, he got an unexpected day off and we spent all of it lounging by the pool. It was wonderful. I'm hoping we get to do that again this weekend.


{3}

Last year, we started a little side business, Red Door Furniture Co. Jeff makes awesome tables out of old doors and I've discovered a love of painting and restyling home furnishings. We've sold our items at local festivals and fairs -- but, our ultimate goal would be to have our own space some day. This little retail space is available just a couple miles from us...isn't it cute? I love the old hardwood floors and exposed brick wall. It would be PERFECT for a our dream store front.


{4}

I've been addicted to Caprese Salads lately. With the heat on the rise in STL, I'm thinking tonight's dinner will feature this and a glass of wine.

source

{5}

I'm completely biased, but the sunsets in New Town during the last month have been spectacular. I love hopping on my bike, heading down to the lake and sitting on the little brick wall to watch the sun go down. It's so peaceful and quiet -- I'm absolutely in love with it!



Check out other 5 on Fridays at the good life blog. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you'll think about that storefront ... it seems PERFECT for what ya'll make! What a dream job that could be!

    Thanks for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That store would be perfect for the two of you..it will come...

    ReplyDelete