7.26.2013

5 on Friday

This being mostly a food and DIY blog, I thought I would mix things up a bit for today's 5 on Friday. When it comes to beauty products, I don't have alot of "must haves." I'm not loyal to a certain brand or product. However, there's a handful of items that I truly do love. So, here's my:







1/Au Lait Body Milk from The Scottish Fine Soaps Company
I discovered this more than a decade ago at TJ Maxx. It's light weight, smooth and silky. And has THE BEST scent. Rose, violets, sandalwood. The scent lasts forever and feels so fresh. And, it comes in a cute milk glass jug (perfect to reuse as a vase for fresh flowers).

2/Sephora lip gloss collection
My mom gave me this collection last Christmas and I love it. I'm a lip gloss girl...I must have one within arms reach at all times. All of these colors gave the perfect light tint. I have one in my desk drawer, a couple in my purse, one in the car, one on my night stand...this collection makes sure I'm never wanting for a tinted lip coloring. Ever.

3/L'OCCITANE Shea Butter Foot Cream
Every Christmas, Santa puts a tube of this in my stocking. When I'm having a particularly hard day, I bring this to Mr. VB, who proceeds to give me an awesome foot rub. I don't take advantage of this service...a tube lasts me from Dec. 25-Dec. 25.

4/The hair tutorials from Kate at The Small Things Blog
I stumbled upon this blog thanks to Pinterest. I've been sporting her loose waves and barely there curls for the last several months. I always wondered how celebs got that look and Kate does a great job of showing it step by step.

5/Bumble and bumble thickening hairspray
I have very thin, fine hair. Hair products and sprays inevitably weigh it down. It's probably where I am most picky. I love this hairspray...it doesn't weigh my hair down. Gets me the hold I want. And, isn't sticky.

1 comment:

  1. I need to check out that hair wave tutorial! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete