9.01.2008

Jalapeno Poppers (Squared)

I recently came across The Pioneer Woman's recipe for Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies. I had just purchased a bunch of super cute jalapenos from a nice Amish woman at the Farmer's Market, so I knew this would be a good use for them. Also, they follow the Bacon Wrapped Food Theme I seem to be on. I'm thinking of buying my own pig.

First cut your super cute jalapenos and scoop out the insides. If you are not able to find super cute ones, just regular ones will work. Just make sure they aren't too big.
Stuff each jalapeno with cream cheese and wrap with a half piece of bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Place on a pan with a rack to catch drippings.

Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 min. or until they are golden brown.

Your first instinct is going to pop one of these little buggers into your mouth. BUT WAIT! Remove the toothpick first. Now, pop away! I don't need a lawsuit on my hands.

Shortly after I made these, I needed a crockpot appetizer recipe for a potluck at work. My search led me to Stephanie at "A Year of Crockpotting" and her Crockpot Jalapeno Poppers. Unfortunately, I do not have a photo of these. I can say though, they were awesome. I already have a request to bring them in again next month for a co-worker's birthday. Also, this recipe mixed sour cream, Parmesan, and bacon bits into the cream cheese, which I prefer to just the plain cream cheese. Next time I make the baked version, I will add sour cream and Parmesan to the mix.

1 comment:

  1. these sound good, i love the pioneer woman's recipes - she hasn't let me down yet.

    ReplyDelete