9.05.2008

Taco Soup

I'm not a busy mom. But, if I was, I would use a crockpot every day. Why? Because you can set it and forget it. Or am I getting a crockpot confused with something from Ron Popeil? Nonetheless, I love coming home and having a meal ready and waiting for me. And, one of the recipes I would make is Taco Soup.

One thing I neglected to notice about this is that it makes 16 cups. That's alot of soup. My crockpot was filled to the top. I froze some, but have yet to see how well it will reheat. Next time I would definitely only make half the recipe.

Also, while the book boasts "Kids Love It!", there is one can of beer in it, which you can definitely taste. I doubt your little one will be slurring his words after a bowl of this, but you could always omit it or use non-alcoholic beer. But, what fun is that?


Taco Soup
Southern Living Slow-Cooker Cookbook
makes 16 cups

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 cup chopped red onion
1 package of taco seasoning
1 envelope of Ranch-style dressing mix
2 cans of whole kernal corn, undrained
1 can of pinto beans, undrained
1 can of black beans, undrained
2 cans of chili-style diced tomatoes with green chilis (I used Rotel)
1 can of light beer
1 1/2 cups of water
Toppings: cheddar cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, cilantro

1. Cook beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink.

2. Combine meat mixture and all other ingredients (except toppings) in a 5 1/2 quart slow cooker.

3. Cover and cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours. Serve with desired toppings.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessic. I tried to find your email address but could not, so here I am. My name is Al Malekovic (al@countrybobs.com) and I represent a very, very small company called Country Bob's, Inc. We are making a great sauce called, "Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce" and we would like to get the word out about our product.
    I know that review blogs are a great way to get information to the general public. I conducted a google search for food blogs and your name came and after looking at your blog, I was wondering if you would be interested in trying my sauce and perhaps reviewing it for me.

    If you send me your name and address via e-mail, I would gladly send you a recipe brochure along with two bottles of Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce in hopes that you would write a review.

    If you would like more information, I would be glad to respond to any questions you might have. In fact, if you are interested in interviewing me after you've sampled the product, I would gladly make myself available!

    Thank you for your consideration. www.countrybobs.com

    ReplyDelete