2.12.2010

Stuffed Pork Chops

I don't know if you are like me, but it seems like I make the same recipes week after week. These stuffed pork chops were a good way to change up our usual pork routine. Aside from the capocollo and provolone, we had everything else on-hand (also a bonus!) This recipe makes four chops, but can easily be divided for two.

Stuffed Pork Chops
Food Network

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 bag (6 ounces) baby spinach (we used just a bit of some frozen spinach)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/4 pound capocollo (spicy Italian ham), cut into small dice
1/4 pound provolone cheese, cut into small dice
1 egg, lightly beaten
4 thick-cut (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches) pork chops for stuffing (about 2 to 2 1/2 pounds total)

Directions
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add spinach, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and the Italian seasoning; cook, stirring, just until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove the spinach mixture to a medium-size bowl; let cool completely.
All the stuffins'

When cool, add the capocollo, provolone cheese and egg; gently stir to combine completely.

Place the pork chops on a flat work surface; cut a slit horizontally to the bone so chop can be opened like a book.


Stuff each chop with 1/4 of the stuffing. Secure chops with toothpicks.

Preheat oven to 375 degree F.

Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet. Add chops; cook 2 minutes per side or until browned. Place chops in single layer in a baking dish just large enough to hold them. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
 
  

Bake the chops in the oven for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature registers 155 degrees on an instant-read thermometer when inserted in the pork. Remove chops to a platter; cover with foil. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes in warm place before serving.
 

4 comments:

  1. OH YUM! sounds delish! I know my boys would love this i might have to give it a shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Thanks for stopping by my blog. That pork recipe looks freaking amazing. I have a question for you. How did you find my info on Dr. A's blog? I am curious because i think another person found me through there as well and I have never posted or joined his blog. I'm gonna try that recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMC,
    Do you follow it? I guess I could have found yours through somebody that follows his blog.

    ReplyDelete