4.05.2010

Salute | Sante | Cheers | Prost

"Too much of anything is bad, but too much Champagne is just right."
Mark Twain, American humorist and novelist (1835 - 1910).

"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more Champagne."
Lord Keynes dying words

It's no secret that I love Champagne. I don't need a special occasion. I'll put a bottle on ice any day of the week. Maybe it's the bubbles. Or, the feeling -- even if just for a moment -- that you could put an eye out while popping off the cork. You just don't get that with beer.

You even have special glasses you use only for champagne. I've always liked these from Red Envelope. But at $50 for the set, they are more than I want to spend. It is also no secret that as much as I love Champagne, I also love to break stemware.


So, you can imagine my excitement when I found these same glasses at Goodwill recently. For $1 each. It was hard not to smile as I checked out. The clerk had no clue I was practically stealing them from her.

For now, I am keeping them next to my "look but don't touch" Tiffany decanter. Admittedly, this rule is imposed only on me. And small children.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely glasses. I love that they have labels on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love them... What a great find. I found an unopened package of wall words for my bedroom at the same place for $1.99. I too was thrilled as the same container was going to cost $25 at Hob Lob...
    Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete