8.16.2013

5 on Friday: A Thankful Friday




1/ We have a hole! It only took us 55 frustrating days to start and numerous threats that I would start digging myself. But, it's been a busy week on our lot! As long as the weather cooperates, we're on-track to be framed out by Sept. 1.




2/ My mom bought her first can of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. Look how happy she looks! Of course, I had to tweet it. I've been obsessed with ASCP for over a year...so, the interaction that followed totally made my day. I just know Annie was sitting in her little cottage in Oxford, cup of coffee in hand. Doing a little tweeting before she started painting her next project.



3/ Last year, Mr. VB and I participated in a handful of local festivals and fairs, selling our tables and restyled and vintage home decor. But, with the move this year, we've had to put it all on hold. I totally forgot that we were chosen for an Etsy Pop-Up Shop in Oct. This week we received some of the pre-show promo...it's curated by Jessie Miller, a contestant on HGTV's Design Star! We decided that no matter what, we've got to make it happen. We've got alot in storage we can pull out and we'll be doing some last minute searching over the next several weeks to add even more.


4/ At the same time, we were contacted by someone from the very first show we did. She bought a console table from us and now wants another one! We couldn't turn down a returning customer. Here's the inspiration:


The table is 7 feet long...so, Mr. VB wanted to find a single piece of wood. We lucked out this week and found the perfect piece. It's a very large piece of white oak that was harvested about 50 years ago in Ohio. It's supposed to be close to 100 years old! (You can follow along with those adventures here).



5/ To round out all of the craziness...I'm heading back to school! Well, I'm just taking a couple of interior design classes. I thought it would help out as we progress with the house. Who knows where it could lead...


Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Is it weird that I am so excited for your build as well?! Haha!

    I hope the progress continues and it starts taking shape!

    ReplyDelete