9.24.2009

Breakfast Room Updates

We are almost done with the Vanilla Bean breakfast room. I am hoping that by this time next week, I'll have a new place to eat my Wheaties. Just kidding. I don't eat Wheaties. I'm a Frosted Mini-Spooners girl.

Table & Chairs Before


Chairs During


After



The process: The chairs were first sanded down and got about 3 layers of white paint. I distressed the edges with my palm sander and then went back over the exposed wood with a Q-tip dipped in dark wood stain (I wiped it off soon after it was applied). It really brought out the distressing detail.

The table was a bit more work. When we first brought the table home, we discovered it was too short and we couldn't get out legs under when sitting down. So, if you look closely at the bottom of the legs, you will see how we heightened the table (by we, I mean Jeff). He did a great job blending it all in and you can't even tell!

I didn't sand off the exisiting green paint. Just painted on about 3 coats and used the same techniques as I did on the chairs.




Also, it's DIY Day at A Soft Place to Land...check it out for more projects!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love it. It's the same colors as the desks I stained and painted this week. After seeing your table, I think I need to do some distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. I loves me some instant shabby (even though it takes much hard work to make it that way)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful! Using stain that way - I am going to file this away for my next project. I never thought of that. Very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great look! I love the distressing on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color choice and I love the distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good...loooove that farm table...just my style. Come by sometime and look around. Hope you have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! We have a reclaimed barn wood trestle table and I'm still looking for chairs which I'm guessing will need a distressed paint technique. Now if I could only find what I'm looking for. The search continues! Thanks for the tips!

    TGIF!
    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! The distressing turned out perfectly. And I always love benches with a DR table.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!! I love the distressing. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete