9.21.2009

September Staycation

Four days ago I started a glorious staycation. When I am not busy slaving away in the Vanilla Bean Kitchen & house, I am a special events manager for a nonprofit in St. Louis. I have some down time until the next big fundraiser, so I decided to take a few days off and try to finish some of the gazillion projects I am working on. Or, in the very least, start a few new ones.

Here are a few of the things I am working on:


I picked up the above window pane at an antique store for $20. I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to jump on the chalkboard bandwagon.

The green farmer's table below was purchased at the same antique store. I've been looking all over for a farmer's table, but couldn't seem to find one for under $250. This little guy was $150. He just needs a paint job to blend in a little more. The bench will go on one side (it just happens to look great w/ the Dockside Haze paint we picked for the kitchen).

On the other side will be two of these chairs we got from my mother-in-law. I'm almost done w/ one and cannot wait to show you the pics.


Last, but certainly not least, is the little sidetable I picked up below. At first glance it looks ordinary...but wait until you see what I found inside...


No comments:

Post a Comment